Fun Summer Activities for 2017

Photo Credit: Google Image

Photo Credit: Google Image

Hannah Jacobs, Editor

As the 2016-17 school year comes to an end, we’re close to entering our 2 ½ month summer break.

Summer is as enjoyable as you make it, so it’s very important to understand all of the different summer activities that are available to you, your family, and friends.

Living in the state of Ohio, you may think “there’s nothing to do.” But, in all actuality, there are many different things you can do this summer right here around Ohio.

1. The Indian Mud Run is held here in Coshocton at Lake Park Complex. This year, the race will take place on June 24th, 2017. A perfect activity for anyone who’s looking for a workout, outdoor activity, or just a little competition.
  2.  Lake Park Aquatic Center is also located in Coshocton County, and is the perfect way to spend a nice, hot day. Lake Park Complex includes an array of activities such as: swimming, hiking, baseball diamonds, soccer fields, a playground area, a campground, and much more. The aquatic center is open Monday-Saturday from 11-6 and Sunday from 12-7.
  3.  Across from the Lake Park Complex is a hiking trail called “Scar Loop” which takes you through the woods, up into the golf course.
  4. Historic Roscoe Village is the perfect way to spend a day off work with your family and friends. Roscoe offers a wide selection of restaurants, shops, and entertainment.
  5. Triple Locks Theater is located within Historic Roscoe Village. They offer a fun, children’s play every summer, and this year they’re putting on “The Wizard of Oz”, which will take place the last two weeks in July.
  6. Honey Run Waterfall in Howard Ohio, is an awesome way to spend a summer day. You can hike, play in the waterfall, look in the creek, have a picnic, and spend time with your friends and family.
  7. The Columbus Zoo is a great place to spend your day. Beside the zoo is another portion of the area; Zoombezi Bay (an outdoor waterpark). You can spend your morning at the zoo, and your evening cooling off at the waterpark.
  8. It’s important to stay healthy over the summer, and there are a wide variety of places you can go walk, hike, or run, including: Blackhand Gorge (Licking County).

With all of these options, it’s fairly easy to find something to do on a hot summer day. Have a great summer soaking up the sun with these fun activities to do around Coshocton.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Fun Summer Activities for 2017”

1. kathy gill on May 17th, 2017 10:19 am

When does it open aquatic area for 2017 ? Is there lower prices for seniors?

[Reply]

Hannah Jacobs Reply:

The aquatic center is set to open on Saturday, May 27th this year. Prices are $5 for students ages 3-17, and $7 for adults. I’m not sure about pricing for seniors for seniors, but I believe it is the same. The office number for the aquatic center is 1-740-622-7528.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Fun Summer Activities for 2017

News

Tensions Mount Between United States and North Korea

• Fun Summer Activities for 2017

Features

Varsity C Lends a Helping Hand to Harvey Victims

• Fun Summer Activities for 2017

News

Hurricane Irma Makes Landfall in Florida

• Fun Summer Activities for 2017

News

Coshocton Band Pays Tribute to Beatlemania

• Fun Summer Activities for 2017

Entertainment

Fun Facts About Watermelon

• Fun Summer Activities for 2017

Features

Leaving a Legacy

• Fun Summer Activities for 2017

News

Upcoming Senior Events

• Fun Summer Activities for 2017

Features

The Dire Consequences of Drunk Driving

• Fun Summer Activities for 2017

Entertainment

Coshocton High School Drama Presents to you “The Addams Family”

• Fun Summer Activities for 2017

Entertainment

“Split” Provides Thrills for Audience

Fun Summer Activities for 2017